Centaur Insurance Services is a specialty agency that provides insurance placement and risk transfer services to a wide array of developers, construction managers, general contractors and specialty trade contractors. We have built relationships and credibility in the major construction and property insurance markets. Centaur has experienced personnel who work with your firm to find the best solutions.
Have the confidence that the business you’ve built is covered by an insurance agency that understands your total business needs.
We Serve the Entire Construction Industry.
- General Contractors
- Civil Contractors (Schools, Mass Transit, Airports)
- Civil Road & Curbs / Heavy Highway Builders
- Mechanical, Electrical, & Plumbing Artisans
- Environmental / Demolition
- Masonary Contractors
- Roofing / Exterior Waterproofing Height Exposures
- Steel Erectors, Structural Fabrication
- Foundations / Superstructures
- International Civil Contractors at Risk
- Solar Contractors
- Dredge / Dock Builders
Our dedicated team of professionals will help you maneuver through difficult market conditions and the challenges of a rapidly-growing construction industry. Centaur will implement an insurance program that provides solutions to the various exposures within the construction industry. We effectively align your risks to conform with your business plan for growth. Centaur Insurance will review your loss controls, current contracts, prior loss runs, and claims for accuracy.
We Specialize in Construction Industry Coverage Including:
Commercial General Liability Full Form for NY Labor Laws 240 & 241
Excess Umbrella Up to $25 Million
OCIP / WRAP UP
Installation Floaters Policy
Employment Practices Liability
Surety / Bonds
Business Owners' Policy
Workers' Compensation Insurance
Workers' Compensation is an extremely important line of insurance that is mostly overlooked in growing originations. Centaur Insurance does an overview and will recommend proven changes (if needed) for your growing organization.
Overpaying for Workers' Compensation Insurance is Common.
Organizations may be overcharged or be paying in surplus due to incorrectly- submitted classification codes. Centaur can review and correct coding and build in corporate procedures prior to the annual audit. Additional items often overlooked include incorrect payroll and not breaking out OCIP / WRAP UP or subcontractors responsibility.
Centaur Insurance strongly advises you to be prepared at audit by having the prior 3 years' audits and supporting information.
Experience Modification Factor (MOD Rating)
This is a very critical generated factor or rating score of employers' loss history. When the MOD rating becomes too high (above 1 or more), employers can be subject to additional surcharges, costly administrative penalties and lack of private insurance markets interested in quoting for competitive premiums.
How Can Centaur Make a Difference?
At Cenatur Insurance, we will do a ground up annual review prior to audit, evaluate all alternatives, and implement policy enhancements and discounts if applicable. We will review and advise on areas including loss run history, classifications, and payroll input mistakes.
Centaur's Workers' Compensation Review:
Review and advise on loss history, job classifications, and payroll input mistakes
Introduce and implement joining a Safety Group for long-term savings.
Advise on surcharges for certain geographical job areas.
Provide proactive claims management.
Advise on all Comp-related items within most industries.
Consistently monitor MOD Rating for our clients.
Real Estate Insurance
As a real estate owner or developer, proper insurance is necessary and essential to achieving a constant rate of return on your investment. At Centaur Insurance, we develop a comprehensive property insurance program to control any risk. We take the necessary time to professionally underwrite and identify potential exposures, saving you time and money in the long-run.
We Have the Experience to Quote:
- Real Estate Owners
- Habitational All Coverages
- Condominium Associations
- Shopping Centers
- Mixed Use
- Commercial and Residential Property Managers
- Vacant Lots / Development
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate Development Firms
- Owners Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP)
- Contractors Controlled Insurance Program (CCIP)
- WRAP UP Projects Insurance
- Business Income and Extra Expense
- Catastrophic Loss
- Commercial Automobile
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Primary Flood
- Crime and Fiduciary
- Cyber Attack
- All Professional Trade Liabilities
- Employers', Public and Property Owners' Liability
- Employment Practices Liability (EPLI)
- Environmental Liability
- Excess / Umbrella Policies
Additional Specialty Insurance Offered:
Contact Our Insurance Professionals
- Manufacturing & Private Label Full Form Coverages
- Recreational & Entertainment Retail Venues
- Health & Fitness Centers
- Restaurants (with liquor exposure)
- All Types of Franchises
- Human Services, Day Care Youth & Elderly Rehabilitation
- Fuel Dealers, Pest Control & Private Security Services
- Commercial Delivery Fleets (Local, Long Haul).
- Multi-line Environmental Liability Coverages & Job Specific
- E&O Error and Omission
- D&O Directors and Officers